Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Should I Dump Him - Part VI



We're both 62, have the same birthdate, day,month, and year. Both widowed, he's a loner most of the time, stays depressed, can't get over loosing his wife and his grown son, doesn't see a reason to go on living. I have fallen in love with him, he says he loves me. We seen each other about 2 times a week, have taken some trips together, ( one which I ended up flying home because he wanted to stay longer and I didn't feel like he wanted me there). He hardly calls at all, I ususally call him, when he "doesn't want to talk to anyone" he doesn't answer or call back. It feels like I'm chasing him, but he says he wants to be with me and loves me. He says he's not sure he can ever really love anyone again and can't make up his mind what he wants.



I was married since I was 18, kids are grown, I miss companionship very much and have so much love from the heart to give. I feel like I need someone with some life in them, not being sad and depressed all the time. But if he'd let me love him and love me back I could make him so happy. It's so hard when you're older like this, loneliness is so bad. He likes a lot of time alone, just stays to himself too much. I try to encourage him but have come to a dead end, but I love him so much, I think about him every minute of every day, check my phone for a text and wait for it to ring. But he doesn't call, then I breakdown and call him.



What should I do? We've had some good times, and sure we'll be together forever then he gets in his bad moods and withdraws. Then I wonder if I should just give up. He's on a holiday trip to his families now and been gone a week, hasn't even called me, texted one time saying he got there ok. I'm at a loss of what to do, to him everything is usually ok but I don't feel loved and wanted. Please help me. I do love him and just wish he loved me as much. I want to be happy once again before I die.



He doesn't really like to kiss much, we love to just hug up in bed (not much sex at our age even though I'd like it more). Don't be like me and wait til you're old to find out how good it can be. He doesn't drink, smoke, curse, and is a perfect gentleman, he has very high morals. I really don't want to let go of him but can't cope with being unsure and having to wonder all the time how he feels about me.

1 comment: